To compile and publish on-line course details so that participants may view the courses available, register on those that interest them and pay securely online using a credit card at any time day or night.
- Easy composition of course venue(s), dates, content and size.
- Timely provision of information for admin and accounts staff to enable them to view, amend and record information enabling them in turn to rapidly respond to participant queries.
- Course registers complete with pertinent particular additional information for the course instructors.
- SMS text messaging as well as emails to communicate to participant groups re course changes, reminders and future course availability.
- Automatic course and financial transaction confirmation for the participant.
- Daily transaction reports and an accounts application input file for the accounts staff.
- Voucher and refund provision and tracking.
- Appropriate audit trails for the organisation.
- Personal data security.
- Financial data security.
- A seamless link with the organisation’s existing web site or new one to be provided if required.
Pompey in the Community, an independent charitable trust affiliated to Portsmouth Football Club, runs a full programme of sessions with local schools. All its coaches are FA qualified, hold enhanced CRBs, Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children certificates. They provide children with a caring and safe environment in which they can learn through sport and the children are supervised at all times.
Course compilation, publication, administration and finance are handled by the central office in Portsmouth town centre. The courses are conducted at venues across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Course payment by credit card, cheque or cash had to be handled by the office staff or on occasion by coaching staff who may not visit the central office for several days. This meant that course booking and payment was limited to office hours, took up staff time, was manually tracked and had to be entered manually onto the accounts system. In addition they could not clearly track when vouchers were redeemed.
At this point they engaged with Keyfort, a tailored cloud computing service provider, to scope out their particular requirements. Keyfort conducted a project definition meeting, produced a project definition report which was agreed and signed off by Pompey in the Community. Keyfort then delivered the project which comprised tailoring the secure online booking system (SOBook) to link with Pompey in the Community’s existing web site, Sage accounts system and bank account into which payments were directly made.
We had been using an old Act database to book children onto our coaching sessions however we had really out grown this system and it didn’t offer the facilities that we needed. After discussion with a few companies we decided to go with Keyfort.
Keyfort spent a long time with us discussing the system that we had and how we wanted it to change. It wasn’t long before a demo system was set up, from then on we spent some time looking at each individual aspect, tweaking and changing bit by bit. The system went live on the 1st of April 2012, initially we moved 25% of our courses over to the new system just to iron out any final glitches. The Keyfort engineers have been amazing throughout the process as I’m sure you’ll appreciate with a system of this nature you will always find the odd little thing that you suddenly realise you’ve missed.
We have now been running the system for over twelve months, it has saved us so much time and is a delight to use compared to the old system. Customer feedback has also been good allowing our customers to book onto our courses online 24 hours a day.”
Dave Richards, Operations Manager, Pompey in the Community
The new system is much easier to use and has enabled us to offer a far better solution to our customers, with enhancements such as emailing and sending SMS messages.
Julie, Course Administrator, Pompey in the Community
The system is working well, it is quick to book courses over the phone and parents using it to book online generally find it user-friendly.
Kim, Course Administrator, Pompey in the Community